Our client is a fast-paced and growing leader in the demand-side energy management industry. We provide a revenue stream for customers from their existing energy assets. Our client operates in all our nation’s open energy markets and throughout many US regulated utilities. We are a leading provider of demand side energy management and offer technologies and services to optimize participation of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) across the country. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and hands-on team with a lot of room for growth in the Technology organization.
Our client is seeking to add a mid-level UX/UI Product Designer to our team of professionals who will work closely with the IT and Marketing organizations to develop standard application and interactive design principles. Delivery of thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics with usability for our quickly growing, customer-facing energy technologies is the goal. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, ability to manage & deliver on multiple concurrent projects, aptitude for team collaboration and open communication, and a commitment to an exceptional customer experience. This candidate excels at providing highly analytical and creative ideas to a design engagement and has a thorough understanding of design thinking methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external teams as needed to design and build high-quality, engaging interfaces that balance interactive usability with visual aesthetics based on user and business goals and specifications
- Deliver design work including workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that all lead to a highly intuitive and consistent user experience across multiple customer interaction platforms
- Deliver value throughout the entire project lifecycle from writing job stories, creating user ?ows and interactive wireframe prototypes, to creating UI design systems and working with developers to implement them
- Build empathy for target audiences through close collaboration on user research, design usability studies, and cross-product persona development
- Contribute to our growing design system
- Take ownership of your designs, accountably deliver work on-time, and ensure that brand and quality standards are met
- Work with Product Managers to design interfaces, and collaborate with Agile development teams to deliver incremental product value, with an emphasis on ongoing experimentation and adaptation
- Effectively engage with cross-functional teams to articulate, implement, and realize the design vision
- Evaluate tasks and ask thought-provoking questions before diving into execution with a willingness to research and do the necessary homework
- Get to know the world of energy technology and be a key component in its continual improvement