Sr. UX Researcher
Location: Rockville, Maryland - Remote
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job ID: 15395
Date Added: 05/15/2023
IntroAs a member of our User Experience Research (UXR) community, you'll help leaders, product managers, designers, engineers, architects, and scientists see the world through the eyes of our users. To foster empathy and innovation at each iterative step of the product journey, your peers will rely on your insights to reveal user behaviors and motivators, giving them the insights needed to craft satisfying and delightful experiences.
Our multi-disciplinary product teams solve complex challenges impacting millions of businesses and households. Your team's ability to invent, test, and refine its path to success relies on user insights. These insights, which you'll uncover using log analyses, contextual interviews, surveys, usability testing, and more, will enrich your immediate team and the broader product-management community.
Ours is a growing community, with lots of opportunities you can help shape our UXR discipline, leverage your strengths, expand your responsibilities, and grow your career!
- Lead UX research strategy for products within your scope
- Help teams and leaders create hypotheses by analyzing existing products and research.
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to define metrics to test hypothesis and demonstrate impact.
- Design and conduct research applying methods from fields including Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Cultivate empathy for our users, sharing your compelling findings and actionable recommendations with audiences across the company, from agile teams to executives.
- Collaborate with broader UX community to ensure research strategy alignment and cross-train designers and PMs on research best practices.
- Help maintain a research archive with techniques, tools, results, and insights to inform broader UX and PM community efforts.
- 5+ years research experience spanning statistical, quantitative, and qualitative analyses, experimental design, test method selection, and usability moderation with 3+ years conducting research within a large, matrixed organization.
- BS in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive Science, Statistics, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Insatiably curious, highly collaborative, and a great listener
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for product-centric, UX-driven innovation
- Excellent presenter, proficient with a wide range of tools, including Camtasia, MS PowerPoint, Keynote, and Adobe's Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven experience informing product strategy via research
- Strong writing ability
- MS in HCI, Cognitive Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Experience developing research practices and resources for democratizing user research
- Proficiency in leveraging and managing use of analytics platforms like Pendo or Glassbox
- 2+ years leading research teams