Job Title: Sr. Network Security Engineer
Location: HYBRID 1-2 days/ week- Bethesda, MD
Company: Tential Solutions (with Client)
- Must be a US Citizen or GC Holder to be considered.
- NO C2C arrangements at this time!
Our client is a globally recognized leader in the hospitality industry. With a commitment to delivering exceptional experiences to our guests and a dedication to innovation, they are seeking a highly skilled Senior Network Security Engineer to join their team at their Corporate HQ in Bethesda, Maryland.
The Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing network security across networks. They collaborate with a team of network experts to promote DevOps/SRE practices globally. This role drives simple solutions for complex network issues, focusing on software development, automation, provisioning, and performance management. They establish technical relationships with various stakeholders, define the Network DevOps/SRE roadmap, and ensure adherence to standards. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Network DevOps/SRE, they lead architecture efforts to automate network operations and enhance security and compliance.
Required Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology including 5+ years’ experience in the implementation of WAN, LAN, and datacenter networks with a focus on mission critical, customer-facing applications and services and that also includes some or all of the following:
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Security tools Cisco ISE and Firemon
- Expertise in enterprise-wide design and administration of devices and policies in Cisco ISE and Firemon.
- Advanced knowledge of leveraging the orchestration APIs in Cisco ISE and Firemon for developing scripts
- Experience in firewalls, network management, wired and wireless network peripherals in supporting security products like Firemon and Cisco ISE
- Advanced knowledge of AAA, RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols, performing packet captures and analysis.
- Experience with firewalls and firewall management tools (Checkpoint MDS, Palo Alto Panorama) highly desirable
- Experience in Agile methodologies, daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning sessions and user story preparations
- Experience of policy development, certificate provisioning in Firemon and Cisco ISE products
- Advanced Degree (e.g., MS, PhD) in Computer Science or other technical discipline or MBA, preferably with a focus on technology.
- CCIE or CCNP certifications or on the path to these certifications. CCNA is acceptable as well.
- Working knowledge of PKI, 802.1X, 802.11x, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, and VPN
- Technical knowledge in networking (Cisco and non-Cisco) with an emphasis on software-defined networks.
- (SDN) and leveraging spine & leaf designs, load balancing, firewalls, security design (intrusion detection and prevention), DNS, NTP, Network Tools & Management
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products and synthesizing into into clear technology roadmaps and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class technology across the enterprise
- Excellent problem-solving skills working independently and through leading outcomes for cross functional teams.
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of platforms Familiarity with multiple languages, including C++, Java, Python Perl, or another programming language Experience implementing solutions using API Management Platforms.
- Ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives
Proven track record of driving transformation in network technologies, tools, and processes through a data driven continuous improvement methodology
Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams Knowledgeable in modern in modern configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Fabric, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine)
- Proven experience driving operational performance through defining and enforcing Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) Service Level Agreements (SLAs)