Job Title: Sr. Network Automation Engineer
Location: Remote is ok. Preference local to Bethesda, MD for occasional travel.
Company: Tential Solutions (with Client)
- Must be a US Citizen or GC Holder to be considered.
- NO C2C arrangements at this time!
Our client is a globally recognized leader in the hospitality industry. With a commitment to delivering exceptional experiences to our guests and a dedication to innovation, they are seeking a highly skilled Senior Network Automation Engineer to join their team.
Automation being a huge part of the global network strategy, we are looking for an enthusiastic team
member with passion to innovate and excel, to join our amazing Network DevOps team as Sr Network
DevOps Engineer. The Network DevOps team in MI looks over the global network that runs across the
globe, automates, and manages the Core network services, Network Monitoring tools and Security
infrastructure. The team is tasked to automate 100% of the Global Network operations and find
innovative ways to improve the global end-user experience. We are in process of building the next
innovative and self-healing network automation platform to help us achieve these goals and eager to
find people reach us above and beyond.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field experience/certification.
- 8+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer with Designing and Implementing complex networking.
- 6+ years of experience with automating network functions through tools such as Ansible, Python, Terraform etc.
- 4+ years of experience with writing Python applications to support network automation.
- 3+ years of experience in building Network test and deployment automation pipelines using Git and CICD tools such as GitActions, Jenkins, Harness & Helm charts.
- 3+ years of experience in Network automation software, libraries, and tools such as Netmiko, Nornir, Netbox, PyATS, Genie, F5 SDK, Pan-os-python etc.
- 2+ years’ experience as being part of network operations team.
- Certification in network and/or security technologies (e.g., CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, Cisco DevNet etc.).
- Developing Ansible automations to manage network devices (Cisco, HP, Checkpoint, PaloAlto, etc.).
- Experience working in DevOps and Test-driven culture and managing code life cycle using Git and related processes & tools.
- Knowledge with python web development (Apache, Flask, WSGI, Docker, K8's, HTML/CSS) to create custom network management tools.
- Experience with writing Infrastructure as a Code for Cloud network components ( VPC, RT, TGW, WAN,
- Shared Services) as well as Firewalls as a Service, SDWAN, SSE/SASE.
- Experience with writing automations for Compliance management, Configuration management, SoT, Golden configs etc.
- Knowledge with Load Balancers viz F5 – GTM/LTM, Cloud equivalent.
- Knowledge managing Linux platforms.
- Experience working in a Scrum team or other Agile methodologies.
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products and synthesizing into clear technology roadmaps and strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders, and IT teams.
- Implementation of WAN, LAN, and datacenter networks with a focus on mission-critical, customer facing applications and services.
- Technical knowledge in networking (Cisco and non-Cisco) with an emphasis on Datacenter networks, WAN, LAN, Network security and Management tools and core network services such as DNS, NTP & IPAM.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams
- As an individual contributor or member of a project team support successful implementation of network automation projects.
- Provides technical input to the overall architectural and operational discussions around
network automation infrastructure and tools.
- Act as a network developer to developer to develop innovative solutions and write python and Ansible code on daily basis.
- Act as an active contributor in delivering our products in time by participating and delivering
work through scrum practices.
- Conducts research, design and implementation of Network infrastructure Automation solutions and build standard practices across enterprise operations.
- Make contributions to other Network automation solutions that enhance the operations and
cost structures of the Marriott environment.
- Create and make available project documentation with a focus on communicating technical
features and functions of solutions.
- Works closely with department leadership and service providers to support alignment of plans with solution delivery.
- Participates in and suggests improvements to standards configuration, change management
processes and practices.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects and tasks.
- You will be responsible for managing projects and priorities, delivering on the needs of key stakeholders, as well as providing technical support and consultation.
- You will be working closely and collaboratively with expert network architects and great engineers.
- You will be key contributor to drive adoption of Network Automation practices and operating models across all global network teams.
- You will be accountable for establishing technical level relationships and partnering with all business disciplines and other MI teams to define and implement the network automation solution.