Note: Candidates must be local to Washington DC area to be considered. Must also be US Citizen or Green Card holder. Cannot work C2C at this time.
- Ability to commute to client’s headquarters in Washington DC on a hybrid basis (2-3 days/week)
- 5-7 years of IT business analyst experience working on application development projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in both an Agile and Waterfall environment
- Previous publication industry experience a plus
- Previous experience supporting data analytics projects preferred
- Previous experience supporting AI-related projects preferred
- Previous experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Snowflake
- Facilitate, elicit, and document business requirements for business processes, reports, and business tasks needed for enhancements to existing systems as well as new ones that may be initiated by business customers
- Obtain signoff/approval from business and IT owners and sponsors
- Translate and document the business requirements into functional specifications for developers
- Provide requirement traceability matrix
- Maintain requirement documents and test cases, capturing changes and new requirements to insure traceability and completeness over time
- Develop and document test cases and test plans for business and technical requirements
- Perform testing
- Determine proper set of tests to conduct for minor vs. major releases and organize Test documents accordingly
- Maintain defect tracking database; enter new defects as they are reported and close them after fixes are verified; and add updates as needed to document test results.
- Provide meeting minutes for project team meetings to document decisions made, action items to be completed, next steps, etc
- Provide evaluation approaches for solutions that are available from software vendors and facilitate the review and analysis of vendor software systems.
- When needed, provide analysis of existing application software to document data relationships and functionality that needs to be captured by replacement software.
- Perform research in the market place to develop Requests for Information and/or Requests for Proposal. Provide analysis of responses to RFI and RFP requests.
- Provide evaluation approaches for solutions that are available from software vendors and facilitate the review and analysis of vendor software systems