- Review and analyze complex data requirements and specifications. Work with development team to ensure data life cycle commitments and requirements are successfully met including records retention, data migration, back-up, recovery and archiving requirements and verification.
- Serve as the primary data designer for complex component designs for one or more areas (subsystems) of a project, product or program.
- Build, test, deploy, and document complex data components of a project, product, and/or program level solution including queries, procedures, reports, data marts, views, DML and DDLs.
- Recommend new database approaches and tools. Develop and present related documentation, presentations, and discussion.
- Implement, customize, maintain and administer nonproduction databases and database management systems including managing database related code deployment.
- Optimize database performance levels by tuning queries/procedures/reports, schemas and database management system parameters.
- Verify correctness and completeness of data models, data relationships, mappings and definitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least five (5) years of related experience, or equivalent training and / or work experience.
- Substantial experience with at least one relational database system/product (preferably Postgres RDS)
- Hands-on project experience with at least one NoSQL database system/product (e.g. DocumentDB, DynamoDB)
- Demonstrated technical expertise in database technologies/concepts which resulted in deployment of enterprise quality solutions.
- Knowledge of industry leading data warehousing, tuning, enterprise reporting, data profiling, data movement, monitoring and diagnostic tools and approaches.