Senior Systems Engineer
A fortune 500 Aerospace client of ours is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support their Commercial Aviation Networks (CANS) Engineering division located in the Annapolis, Maryland. The Systems Engineer will work on a global data communication system, which is an air to ground communications system serving the commercial aviation and government air traffic authorities around the world. This system is comprised of hundreds of radio ground stations, interfaces to satellite ground-earth stations, interfaces to hundreds of airline and civil aviation authority systems, and complex, proprietary message processing and system management servers, all connected by a complex and sizable communication infrastructure. The system is subject to continuous change as networking and communication technologies evolve.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible to support teams and programs for systems engineering design, analysis, planning, implementation, troubleshooting and enhancements with respect to the system.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Analyze statement of need and business requirements
• Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging System focused projects
• Providing analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements
• Develop solutions with cross discipline engineering teams
• Documenting technical analysis
• Performing analysis of data flows and data logs
• Analyzing the performance of the system against established systems performance parameters such as latency, availability, and capacity
• Representing Collins Aerospace with the FAA customer and integrator on technical issues
• Represent Collins Aerospace in industry forums
• Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of system engineering experience performing system engineering
• Implementing architectural changes and customer-driven enhancements to complex systems. Complex systems typically involved multiple servers, interfaces, networks, and databases.
• Experience with full life-cycle – development, test, implementation, and long-term support.
• Developing technical product roadmaps depicting the steps anticipated to migrate from the current state to the targeted future state.
• Experience with the management of the configuration process, functional analysis, timeline analysis, operational scenarios, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Integrating with external systems operated by external companies or agencies.
• Analyzing performance of complex systems through statistical analysis
• Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Eliciting and managing customer requirements.
• Experience working in a highly integrated team environment with software, hardware, and network engineers.
• Knowledge of contemporary technologies that may be applicable in addressing product and market needs
• Experience working in communications systems
• Experience working in a service oriented business model for engineering
• Experience working in high availability systems, with a sound understanding of RMA and redundant architectures and design
• Experience working with government customers
• Proven communication and collaboration skills to work with counter parts in IMS, Government Systems, and Commercial Systems and across the engineering groups in CANS Engineering
• Participation on an industry committees developing interface or communication specifications
• Experience with aeronautical communication, air traffic management, or airline operations
• Experience with storage and management of large data
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Masters preferred.
Senior Systems Engineer