Senior Security Engineer
Location: Rockville, Maryland - Remote
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job ID: 15433
Date Added: 05/09/2023
We are seeking a Security Engineer to join our team primarily to deploy and manage a Secure Service Edge (SSE) solution, but also to work with team members on other security related projects. Individual will be responsible for the SSE design of the policies, their maintenance and update considering changing needs, plus will work with insider risk teams on remediation. This will include content filtering, application control SSL decryption and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) controls. Other work will include working with email security tools, domain and email fraud tools and metrics with respect to SSE security investigations.
- 5 years of experience in the Information Security field with a focus on SaaS and Cloud Security Services, Data Loss and Data protection.
- Hands on use of email security tools.
- Relevant undergraduate degree focused on Information Security/Information Assurance.
- Understanding of Content Filtering, SSL Inspection and CASB.
- Has worked with Cloud based tools.
- Has proven skills and experience with SEIM tools, performing detailed searches and creating dashboards.
- Proven network and TCP/IP knowledge, experience with network flow logs and packet capture.
- Investigative skills and ability to search looking for sensitive content.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Understanding of data security, need to know and data protection.
- Understanding of exfiltration methods.
- Distinctive investigative. problem solving and analytical skills
- Scripting skills (i.e. Python/Perl, shell scripting) a significant plus.
- Technical security certifications like Security+, Ethical Hacking or GIAC Security a plus.