Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the Sr Project Manager supporting the Director of Product for their Financial savings conversions team
- Interfacing with multiple Project Managers on the 3 teams and ensuring projects are on track– where projects are, status reports, progress on each aspect, dependencies, track down all nuanced tasks
- Projects involve conversions of 529 Savings plans for another provider and the transition of large data sets, account information and financial information to their platform
- Working closely with internal and external partners for meetings and documenting & reporting on project deliverables and updates
- Managing projects from contract negotiation to conversion
- Facilitate working agreement and commitment to shared objectives with team of subject matter experts, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate planning and coordination of broad organizational readiness such as launch, communication and training strategies, while ensuring alignment with technology team deliverables, in support of driving incremental value.
- Apply established best-practices while working lean (eliminating waste), using strategies best-suited to the situational need, and being resilient and adaptable.
- Facilitate and support cross-functional teams in aligning to deliver on desired outcomes.
- Support or create ways of working that enable the most effective, efficient and expeditious execution and resulting impact.
- Facilitate effective risk and issue management, to ensure challenges are anticipated and appropriate actions are taken.
- Detect both obstacles and opportunities and respond to them as quickly as possible to produce desired outcomes.
- Build and maintain communication channels and methods to provide updates on progress to both internal and external stakeholders timely and succinctly.
- Leverage data and other assessment mechanisms to facilitate enterprise level transparency and insights that are delivered in a consumable and meaningful format.
- Manage project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop subject-matter knowledge to the extent necessary to drive key project activities.
- Continually improve workflow and maximize efficiency by eliminating impediments to organizational readiness.
- Guide, navigate and support teams if initiatives are forced to adjust due to resource or priority changes.
- Advocate for agile and lean project management as well as process improvement across the enterprise; actively engage to implement change well.
- Actively engage in approaches to enabling enterprise capabilities to deliver value incrementally, optimize throughput, and improve time to market.
- Use and continually develop servant leadership skills and emotional intelligence.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced team members.
- Proactively invest in the training and learning opportunities to advance project team effectiveness.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 6 years of project management experience within the financial services, recordkeeping or similar field of work preferred. Knowledge and application of agile methodologies preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with MS CoPilot a plus – ability learn and implement across the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead complex initiatives through collaboration with internal & external clients and vendors.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Demonstration of empathy, flexibility, curiosity, and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment while managing multiple, complex initiatives.