Our client, a leading hospitality company, is seeking a talented The Senior Network Engineer, for their Cloud & Datacenter division.
- Responsible for designing efficient and optimal networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, cloud computing virtual networks, software defined networks, and other data communications systems.
- As part of a high performing team of network technologists, the Senior Network Engineer engages in technical workgroups, resolves and makes decisions on complex and high-risk issues, performs research, analysis, design, creation, and implementation of infrastructure systems to meet current and future user requirements.
- This role is accountable for establishing cross team relationships and partnering with all business disciplines, other teams, outsourcing vendors, and external suppliers to define and implement the Cloud and Datacenter Network roadmap, building and enforcing the standards defined in it.
- This position will also engage to define and support service delivery and operational support standards for our datacenter and cloud networks, partner with the global technology peer teams to meet service level requirements and resolve service delivery issues across the portfolio.
- Reporting to the Sr Director, Cloud & Datacenter Network, this key position is responsible to ensure overall requirements by customers and peer delivery and operations groups are met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project work including:
- WAN/POP Standardization
- New Data Center implementation including in China, Dubai, and Tokyo
- Management Network Buildout
- Data Center Architecture roadmap builds
- Focus on routing, switching, firewall, and load-balancer expertise. Have a thorough understanding of IP, routing protocols, switching, and security based on extensive hands-on experience.
- Continental IT executives, property LAN service providers (LSPs), end-user computing services delivery, hosting services, enterprise availability, server, storage, virtualization, inclusive of security/privacy, risk management, and disaster and crisis management.
- The successful candidate will provide senior technical engagement for all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle from ideation through execution, and ongoing management and support of the end-to-end network servicing all cloud and datacenter network systems.
- (S)/He will develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize, optimize, and automate the network designs, tooling, and operations to reduce implementation cycle times, eliminate service downtime, optimize performance, and ensure that all security and compliance requirements are fully governed.
- Develop complex global distributed infrastructure solutions residing within multiple country borders.
- Provide program management assistance and contribute input to help manage project schedules, risks, and costs.
- Establish cross team level relationships and partnering with all Business disciplines and other teams to define IT Cloud and Datacenter Network services, meet service level requirements and serve as an escalation point to resolve service delivery and operational issues.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional Cloud and Datacenter Network infrastructure.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and structured processes and procedures that support a zero-fault culture.
Strategy & Planning
- Actively engages with VP of Global Networks in the creation of long-term and annual IT budgets/spending targets for the Cloud and Datacenter Network infrastructure area.
- Deliver Cloud and Datacenter Network technical support to meet defined service levels that are benchmarked against industry standards and metrics.
- Monitor area usage/demand of services provided by either the internal organization or outsources partners to ensure that shared services actual expenditures are in line with planned spending.
- Track actual utilization of services and products, including reporting of supplier performance, in meeting business service expectations and service levels
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience/certification
- 7+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer with 5 or greater years in a hands-on role that implements engineering standards, documenting engineering designs, and participating in project cutovers.
- 5 years’ experience in an IT infrastructure lead role that include:
- Implementation of WAN, LAN, and datacenter networks with a focus on mission-critical, customer-facing applications and services
- Technical knowledge in networking (Cisco and non-Cisco) with an emphasis on software-defined networks (SDN) and leveraging spine & leaf designs, load balancing, firewalls, security design (intrusion detection and prevention), DNS, NTP, Network Tools & Management
- Technical knowledge common routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP), IPv6, VPN, etc. across a global distributed network hands-on experience with the datacenter fabric platforms (Cisco, Arista, or equivalent) hands-on experience with common routing and switching platforms (Cisco, Juniper, HP/Aruba etc.)
- Experience in setting up virtual private clouds in public cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with designing and engineering connectivity to public cloud providers utilizing technologies such as AWS Direct Connect, Azure ExpressRoute, Google Dedicated Interconnect, or Oracle FastConnect
- Experience with automating network functions through tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform
- Experience with writing Python applications to support network automation
- Understanding of legacy networking routing protocols and the interaction with cloud interconnects
- Experience with network load balancers, WAN optimizers, and Network virtualization.
- Technical knowledge and experience with telco and ISP networks, ensuring diversity and managing availability
- Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams
- 3+ years’ experience with high availability planning, component redundancy design and implementation
- 2+ years’ experience in designing large-scale enterprise network interconnectivity with cloud providers using standard best practices
- Ability to work non-standard hours during change implementations
- Advanced Degree (e.g., MS, PhD) in Computer Science or other technical discipline or MBA, preferably with a focus on technology
- 10+ years’ experience managing large, globally distributed network architecture, engineering, and/or operations teams and leveraging next-generation network designs and technologies to support large-scale deployments
- Proven track record of driving transformation in network technologies, tools, and processes through a data-driven continuous improvement methodology
- Demonstrated experience in improving security, stability, reliability, performance, and agility of complex enterprise networks
- Strong technical knowledge of foundational networking technologies and solid understanding of the software-defined networking (SDN) ecosystem
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure automation, instrumentation, and monitoring platforms and the emerging technologies in this area
- Proven experience leading highly effective technical teams through major technology and organizational change
- Proven experience re-engineering complex Internet-based network designs to optimize for services and applications that are sensitive to network turbulence (e.g., latency, jitter, loss)
- Proven experience driving operational performance through defining and enforcing Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience driving and/or significantly participating in vendor RFPs for network products (e.g., hardware, software, tools, telco, services)
- Experience managing or working in the services sourcing and/or ITO or LSP field
- Certification in network and/or security technologies (e.g., CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, etc.)
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products and synthesizing into clear technology roadmaps and strategies
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to overcome barriers while driving change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders, and IT teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities