The Senior Network Compliance Engineer will be responsible for executing a successful network compliance program that adheres to the highest industry standards. To be successful in this role, the Sr Network Compliance engineer will have a minimum of 8 years of experience in a technical role within a network and security engineering organization and at least 4 years of working in Network and Security engineering roles. They should have in-depth knowledge of network and security compliance and risk management frameworks. Engineering knowledge on LAN, WAN and Cloud networks which support Property network, Data Center & Cloud and Corporate Network will be plus. As part of a high performing team of network technologists, the Sr Network Compliance Engineer engages in technical engineers workgroups, and involve in making decisions on complex and high-risk issues, performs research, analysis, design, creation, and implementation of infrastructure systems to meet current and future Compliance requirements. This role is accountable for establishing cross team relationships and partnering with all business disciplines, other teams, outsourcing vendors, and external suppliers to define and implement the Network Compliance roadmap.
This position will also engage to define and support service delivery and operational support standards for our Corp, Property and DC and Cloud networks, partner with the global technology peer teams to meet service level requirements and resolve service delivery issues across the portfolio.
Senior Network Compliance Engineer Requirements/Responsibilities:
- *NO C2C*
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field experience/certification.
- CCNP level Certification minimum.
- 8+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer with 4 or greater years in a hands-on role that implements engineering standards, documenting engineering designs, and participating in project cutovers.
- Experience working under MPLS and BGP routing protocols.
- Hands on experience in Routers and Switches specifically on Configuration Compliance.
- Experience working with load balancing technologies (F5, NLB,ELB).
- Experience working with network tools.
- Strong knowledge on Network Automation and CICD Pipelines.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting firewall technologies(Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco).
- Experience doing packet capture and analysis.
- 4 years’ experience in a Network Engineering role that include:
- Creating network configurations complying to Global Security and Compliance Standards.
- Vulnerability Management experience.
- Hardware EOL/EOS Management and Prepare the mitigation plans.
- Implementation of WAN, LAN networks with a focus on mission-critical, highly available, customer-facing applications and services.
- Technical expertise in common routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP), IPv6, VPN, etc. across a global WAN backbones and distributed datacenter platforms.
- Technical knowledge in ancillary network areas like DNS, NTP, and Network Tools & Management as well as advanced networking disciplines of software-defined networks (SDN), spine & leaf designs, load balancing, and security design (next-gen firewalls, intrusion detection, and prevention).
- Experience with designing and engineering Cloud Network and familiar with AWS, Azure, Alicloud, GCP.
- Understanding of legacy networking routing protocols and the interaction with cloud interconnects.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams.
- Ability to work non-standard hours during change implementation.
- Advanced Degree (e.g., MS, PhD) in Computer Science or other technical discipline or MBA, preferably with a focus on technology.
- Certification in network and/or security technologies (e.g., CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, etc.)
- CCIE is a big plus.
- Strong Knowledge on Network and Security Compliance Standards on both On prem and Cloud Components.
- Proven track record of driving transformation in network technologies, tools, and processes through a data-driven continuous improvement methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in improving security, stability, reliability, performance, and agility of complex enterprise networks.
- Proven experience leading highly effective technical teams through major technology and organizational change.
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products and synthesizing into clear technology roadmaps and strategies.
- Proven experience driving operational performance through defining and enforcing Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to overcome barriers while driving change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders, and IT teams.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be local to the Bethesda, MD area and travel onsite at least 3 days per week.
- Open to remote.