Sr. Director – Software Assurance Engineering
The Senior Director is part of the senior management team of Technology, oversees a major program or
project organization within Technology, and most often reports directly to a Vice President or Senior Vice President.
Essential Job Functions:
Process and Operations
• Manage separate teams focused on delivering high quality results within one or more major technology disciplines: strategy, software development, operations, engineering, development services, information security, and compliance.
• Working independently, establishes organizational policies, goals, objectives and strategies that drive to measurable results.
• Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
• Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve problems.
• Serve on Program Leadership Teams, as necessary.
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with peers both within and outside of Technology, and maintain them over time.
• Establish and maintain external relationships with strategic product/service vendors, FINRA clients/customers, FINRA regulators, industry forums (government & private councils, standards bodies, product forums, etc.), as appropriate.
• Establish, evolve and ensure compliance with standard practices and processes within the disciplines.
• Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
• Ensure all work products meets/exceeds FINRA standards.
• Participate in periodic Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing and reporting.
• Identify and hire resource/skills needed within their organization.
• Responsible for staff performance management and training.
• Coordinate assignment of subordinate staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least ten (10) years of related experience, or equivalent training and / or work experience; Master’s degree and past Financial Services industry experience preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of managing technical programs and projects including staff management of at least fifteen (15) resources and budget of at least $3 million.
• Knowledge of business, technology and management principles involved in strategic planning, organizational change management, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
• Subject Matter Expertise required in a minimum of one of the following disciplines, with substantial knowledge in remaining disciplines software development, operations, engineering, development services, information security, and compliance.
• Experience managing staff comprised of both employees and contractors.
• Demonstrated ability to manage several initiatives simultaneously and balance competing priorities.
• Past success contributing to strategic decisions for an organization, identifying investment tradeoffs, and delivering high quality solutions to customer needs.
• Outstanding communication, organization, time management, interpersonal and management
• Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven change agent who can improve and grow the capability of an organization; keen eye for hiring and motivating teams
• Work is normally performed in an office environment.
• Occasional travel and extended hours may be required.