NOTE: Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder. Cannot do C2C arrangements at this time.
A Scrum Master is a servant leader and steward of the scrum framework. The Scrum Master ensures that the team is following good agile practices, helps educate the team in Scrum, and ensures the Agile process is being followed. Scrum Masters help cultivate an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous improvement, and iterative delivery with the ultimate goal of supporting the team to achieve their sprint commitments.
- Exhibits the behaviors of servant leadership with a lean-agile mindset.
- Teaches, coaches, and champions scrum best practices.
- Facilitator of scrum ceremonies/events.
- Sets up and works with Kanban teams.
- Supports the Product Owner with their management and prioritization of the backlog.
- Helps with escalation and removal of impediments.
- Ensure the team maintains morale and individuals act in best interest of the team.
- Monitor progress and report to stakeholders using metrics.
- Monitor and maintain team delivery velocity.
- Supports the development and adherence to Definition of Ready and Definition of Done.
- Escalates people problems to management where necessary.
- Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth.
- Protects the team from outside distractions.
- Helps the team through a journey of continuous improvement.
- Enabler for the team to self-organize, self-manage, and iteratively delivery.
- Supports and enforces the Scrum process, practices, and other team working agreements.
- At least 5 years of project management experience leading small to medium scale projects/activities.
- CSM and/or PMI-ACP certification.
- Experience leading agile development teams and facilitating team meetings in Agile environment.
- Working knowledge of information technology projects.
- Experience working with Service Delivery (versus Software Delivery) teams.
- Experience setting up and working with Kanban teams.
- Strong verbal and visual presentation software skills with the ability to disseminate relevant information.
- Proficient in research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective skill in building strategic and execution–focused plans and alliances with partner leadership.
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Business, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Preferred – knowledge and experience in Banking/Finance/Investments, familiar with terminology, concepts and business processes and systems.