Our Fortune 500 hospitality client is looking for an experienced Internal Communications Manager to join their HR Communications team REMOTELY.
This person will help shape Executive communications, drafting regular messages, talking points and scripts for internal and external conferences and events. They will write original copy and edit content for a range of internal communication materials. In addition, they will work to drive greater awareness of and commitment to the HR vision while ensuring a better understanding of the discipline’s role in helping the company achieve its business objectives.
This person should have a consultative skill set and approach to problem-solving, as well as a flexible and collaborative working style. In addition, this individual should be a strong writer and editor and have the ability to work independently across multiple projects simultaneously. Finally, this position should be able to manage a budget, and have experience of managing communication agencies.
If you have strong skills in writing, visual storytelling, and translating complex subjects into digestible and easy-to-understand content, this is a perfect role for you!
Education and Experience Required:
- Strong creative writer with experience in internal communications, journalism, digital platforms, marketing, and events planning and execution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a communications dept, newspaper, magazine or internal communication agency with a real focus on digital/mobile communications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or other relevant fields.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop “client-ready” presentation material and communicate effectively to a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong service orientation, consulting skills, and ability to interface with senior business leaders
- Strong program and project management skills
- Strong proof-reading, subbing, and editing skills
- Experience in managing and developing online channels
- Experience in managing agencies and budgets
- Ability to influence and operate at all levels
- Ability to present work quickly and accurately to a high standard
- Flexible and willing to work unsociable hours with little or no notice
- Able to multi-task, be self-motivated, and able to self-manage projects.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Collaborates and works well in a creative, team-based approach to accomplishing work
- Active learner and listener – able to enhance personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences
- Flexible: comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
- Persistent; drives ideas; engages in fixing the problem;
- Polished and articulate in diverse settings
- Analytical; makes decisions using data
- Results driven
- Problem solver and team player
Primary responsibilities include:
- Internal communication: Develop and support an associate-led, insights-based integrated approach to internal communications, supporting the company’s ambitions and delivery of commercial objectives.
- HR Engagement: Shape and deliver communication and engagement strategies for the global HR team. This includes developing events and activities, crafting regular messages, developing talking points for senior leaders, implementing measurement approaches, and using data and insight to refine plans.
- Support project-led initiative with marketing grade internal communications: Design and execute communications plans for a diverse set of priorities in support of major HR initiatives, which include learning + development initiatives, compliance training, diversity + inclusion events, benefits, and more. This includes drafting communications, managing reviews, sourcing imagery, and managing distribution with diverse channel owners. The role should also use their understanding of storytelling, publishing, design, photography, videography, and infographics to create engaging content for a global audience.