Drive significant impact and value through the development, maintenance, and management of BI reporting, dashboards, and solutions. Collaborate closely with business units, requirements teams, and data engineering, data science, and other development teams to ensure BI visualizations tell a data driven story where the underlying structure is scalable and repeatable. Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business and technical needs. Stay current on new tools and methodologies for producing graphical representations, reports, and dashboards using real-time analytics and large and complex datasets. An individual contributor working both in a team and on individual assignments. May mentor less experienced staff and/or lead broader longer term projects/efforts.
- *MUST be local to either Vienna Virginia, Winchester Virginia or Pensacola Florida!! This role IS HYBRID!*
- degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding behind the visualization of data components.
- Advanced knowledge of various data structures and formats and the ability to extract data from various data sources (such as Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.).
- Understands the concepts and application of business intelligence and utilizing data requirements.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of data visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBI, Databricks SQL Analytics, Tableau, Cognos Analytics, Matplotlib, ggplot2.
- Advanced knowledge of various data structures and the ability to manipulate data within visualization tools.
- Ability to manipulate raw data into effective visualization dashboards.
- Ability to communicate end to end data outcomes visually.
- Significant experience developing analytic insights, charts, and tables using disparate data sources and transforming data into visual dashboards that are useful to the business and aids effective decision making.
- Experience in use of statistical practices to analyze current and historical data to make predictions, identify risks, and opportunities enabling better decisions on planned/future events.
- Ability to understand the business problem and determine what aspects of it require optimization; articulate those aspects in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced statistical analysis such as measures of central tendency, normal distribution, variance, standard deviation, basic tests, correlation, and regression techniques.
- Ability to view and understand other project or functional areas in order to consolidate analytical needs and processes.
- Experienced in sourcing, maintaining, and updating data.
- Significant experience in the use of standard ETL tools and techniques.
- Understanding of data integration, data cleaning, data pipelines and other analytical techniques for modeling.
- Exceptional understanding of SQL and querying.
- Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, dashboards, and BI solutions.
- Accurately translate requirements into data solutions for reporting purposes.
- Analyze data to identify known and unknown data relationships and patterns.
- Analyze and validate data and test accuracy of dashboards.
- Produce tools and libraries that enable data analysts and data scientists to easily and consistently produce standard visualizations and charts.
- Translate data using graphical representations by producing reports and dashboards using real-time analytics and large, complex datasets.
- Prepare realistic project implementation plans which highlight major milestones and deliverables leveraging standard methods and work planning tools.
- Recognize potential issues and risks during the analytics project implementation and can suggest realistic mitigation strategies.
- Coach and mentor project team members in carrying out analytics project implementation activities.
- Lead the preparation of high quality project deliverables that are valued by the business and presents them in such a manner that they are easily understood by project stakeholders.
- Offer improvements to the way in which leaders visualize analytic service for the entire function.
- Understand data gaps and ties data components together for visualization purposes.
- Being a point of contact for the data analyst, data engineer, data scientist and the project/functional analytics leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.