*This role is HYBRID to Vienna, Virginia OR Winchester Virginia OR Pensacola Florida!*
- Expand and maintain the networking environment as necessary by establishing system configurations, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Plan, test, and implement upgrades to data network equipment
- Establish configuration standards, as well as configure routing, and switching equipment.
- Maximizes network performance, troubleshoots network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by enforcing policies.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering prioritizing information; managing projects
- Full life-cycle project management: Establish and lead project teams, develop project plan/scope/schedule/cost/communications, Procure and/or manage resources/timelines/deadlines/quality, Risk, Issue and Change management, Ensure successful project implementation, Scope of responsibility.
- Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
- Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
- Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of new and existing systems
- Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
- Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions including compliance with our Financial Services client, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
- Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
- Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
- Provide technical leadership in the architecture discipline and development of information technology solutions
- Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Working knowledge of general network technologies including Routing and Switching.
- Routing protocol function, operations, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to learn new technologies using a mix of self-study and some formal training.
- Good troubleshooting skills for current technology as well as new technologies as we grow our skillsets.
- Software Defined Wide Area Network ( SD-WAN ) experience required.
- Ability and willingness to grow skillset for SD-WAN and related technologies such as Cloud Interconnect and Cloud Security services for deployment and traffic flow engineering.
- Working knowledge of engineering discipline: Tracking Budget Expenses, Project Management, Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management
- Advanced database and presentation software skills
- Advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Effective skill guiding and training less experienced staff
- CCIE (Datacenter, Security)
- Other IT certifications