The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for network engineering projects, as well as working with Corporate Security Teams for the planning, and assist in implementing an overall network security strategy.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Analyze statement of need and business requirements, generate technical requirements
• Conduct network threat and vulnerability analysis, implement solutions for risk mitigation, information assurance, and patching strategy
• Knowledge of applying networking standards and best practices for ensuring information security
• Assist with maintaining the networks in development and security lab environments
• Developing technical network solutions for projects and changes
• Develop and maintain documentation, including addressing plans, network topology diagrams, data flows and variables
• Performing analysis of network data flows, access control lists, and firewall rules
• Analyzing the performance of the network against established systems performance parameters such as latency, availability, and capacity
• Develop solutions with cross discipline engineering teams, as well as mentor junior engineering staff members
• Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of network engineering experience
• Strong understanding network engineering concepts at all 7 ISO layers
• Experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
• Experience with a variety of network connectivity technologies, such as point-to-point, and MPLS over T1, Ethernet, and Cellular
• Implementing network architectural changes and customer-driven enhancements to existing and new complex systems. Complex systems typically involved multiple servers, interfaces, networks, and databases.
• Experience with full life-cycle – development, test, implementation, and long-term support.
• Experience with the management of the configuration process, functional analysis, timeline analysis, operational scenarios, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Integrating solutions with external systems operated by external companies or agencies.
• Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for network systems.
• Experience working in a highly integrated team environment with software, hardware, and system engineers.
• Knowledge of contemporary network technologies that may be applicable in addressing product and market needs
• Experience working in a service oriented business model for engineering
• Experience working in high availability systems, such as HSRP, with an sound understanding redundant architectures and design
• Strong understanding network engineering concepts, cybersecurity assessments, mitigating controls, and vulnerability management
o Perform cybersecurity driven vulnerability management and system hardening
o Perform system hardening per NIST, DFARS, or NAS based assessment and control requirements
o Knowledge of Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) and IPSec IKE
o Engagement in cybersecurity and engineering practices, solutions, and analysis
• Proven communication and collaboration skills to work across the engineering groups in Collins Aerospace
• Experience with aeronautical communication, air traffic management, or airline operations
• Experience working with government customers
• Experience with DNS, RADIUS, and DHCP Servers
• Experience with Virtualization platforms
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Masters desirable.
• In the absence of a degree, 15 years of relevant experience is required.