- Candidates will need to have 3+ years of professional purchasing experience (ideally in MRO)
- MRO stands for “Maintenance, Repair, and Operations.” It includes all the goods and services required to keep a company running.
- Responsible for the preparation and issuance of purchase orders for products and services that are used to maintain and fix broken machines.
- Bilingual in Spanish. They will work with cross-border suppliers. REQUIRED
- Will be coming into the office for Detroit (in office) and Holland Michigan (Remote) maybe only a few days for training (ability to travel as needed).
- Epic and AS400 systems. (great if they are familiar with Epic and AS but easy to train)
- Requesting quotes: the customer puts information into Epic, and they get quote
- Sourcing Suppliers and negotiating prices for customers.
- Working with the customer directly and reaching out to suppliers.
- Wil not be traveling out to customer plants/offices
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for item sourcing, item content, and item maintenance activities through the creation and maintenance of item master records that meet company’s cost saving objectives and quality standards.
- Responsible for supplier selection and management based on customer specific or multi-customer category strategies; establishment of beneficial supplier relationships and managing supplier performance as needed.
- Responsible for the processing and management of purchase orders to the supply base and resolving any issues that arise during the order fulfillment cycle.
- Provide customer requisitioned support as needed including initiating approved customer requisitions, following up on late orders, following up on returns (RMA’s) to make sure proper credit is received, establishing VMI process support or other cost effective ordering/inventory processes, and other approved support activities assigned by company management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of purchasing practices and standard purchasing systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, with strong skill set using Excel
- Capable of conducting price and term negotiations.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to balance the need to manage supply base proactively and aggressively, while completing daily transactional workload within customer expected timing goals in an effective manner