Marketing Project Manager II
Location: Hybrid to HQ (Vienna, VA)
The Marketing Project Manager II is responsible for overseeing the successful completion of an array of projects and initiatives supporting the broader short and long-term brand, marketing and communication strategies. In addition, the Marketing Project Manager II works closely with the product owner(s), strategy teams and scrum masters within our Agile Release Train to coordinate and traffic work to external vendors, agency partners, and internal business partners. They will also lead delivery of initiatives, by assisting in removing impediments, facilitating team meetings, and attending scrum ceremonies while fostering an environment for high performance while being a liaison to external and/or internal partners.
- Ensure effective management of multiple projects from inception through implementation while coordinating with key roles on the agile release teams.
- Facilitates quality and is accountable for timely delivery of team deliverables.
- Lead efforts and collaborate with the cross-functional business unit teams to identify all tasks needed to complete a marketing campaign and strategically perform or delegate those tasks to appropriate team members.
- Work with vendors, agency partners, and internal team members while coordinating resources, schedules, and project deliverables.
- Ensure content is managed through creative workflow, ensuring projects are briefed correctly and are planned, prioritized, and produced on brief, while staying within approved scope and budget.
- Work with team scrum masters to ensure that goals, scope, and product backlog items are understood and can be fulfilled by the appropriate team members.
- Works with cross –functional business unit(s) to define, develop and execute project plans, including scope definition, expectations, activities, and schedules.
- Manage intra team dependencies and impediments while keeping the team focused on project goals and results.
- Ensure all marketing materials meet regulatory compliance working with our Compliance team.
- Maintain product knowledge and relationships with marketing cross-discipline teams.
- Assist managers in communicating process changes and improvements as necessary.
- Minimum 3-7 years’ experience working in an in-house marketing/advertising or external agency to create and lead projects.
- Experience partnering with creative and production teams to drive execution across multiple channels including video, print, digital and web projects.
- Experience working in agile development teams and leading and facilitating team meetings in Agile environment is strongly preferred. Scrum Master certification and experience a strong plus. • Ability to move fluidly between the 30K foot view and the 3-foot view, driving execution.
- You have proven abilities efficiently planning and prioritizing deliverables and resources working across multiple internal or external teams and multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize your work and the work of others as necessary. • Must be a creative thinker, self-starter, problem solver with strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Workfront or comparable PM software and/or Azure Dev Ops
- Prior experience in financial services, or complex regulatory environment a plus.