Our Client has earned numerous awards for health information technology, including the prestigious “HIMSS Stage 7 Award” issued to less than four percent of all hospitals in the country, and Hospital and Health Networks “Most Wired – Advanced” award for the past several years.
The Manager of Clinical Quality Analytics works closely with the Quality department and report indirectly to the Chief Quality Office as appropriate for the scope of work through a matrixed reporting structure.
This position will support the Analytics Hub with a Quality Department focus. This position has primary responsibility for all data and analytics efforts to support hospital objectives in improving hospital quality and patient safety. This role serves as a subject matter expert in internal clinical data and external quality data and analytics resources.
This role leads activities in hospital quality and patient safety improvement analytics and serves the clinical information needs of physicians and department leads.
Ensures automation of quality data for external regulatory bodies where possible as well as utilize business intelligence tools to develop solutions to support quality initiatives.
Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications with a focus on quality initiatives and systems.
This includes the creation and management of hospital quality performance measures, dashboards and balance scorecards which cover the continuum of business and clinical objectives.
The role manages a team of analysts and/or developers who facilitate business intelligence processes and procedures, development and implementation.
Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of quality department processes. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision and values of the Hospital.
- Partner with Quality department to develop strategies and initiatives to improve optimal performance in internal and external quality metrics
- Ingest and translate the needs of senior leadership to support continuous improvement of patient care processes and outcomes
- Collaborate with senior management, clinical leadership and peers to translate business and clinical information objectives into data analytics strategic/tactical business and systems development plans
- Support prioritization of efforts to optimize our quality measures
- Maintain expert knowledge of key external vendors and information systems (e.g., Vizient, Press Ganey…)
- Develop models to understand the drivers of performance on key quality measures, inclusive of accreditation, external benchmarking and publicly reported data (e.g, CMS STARS, US News, Leapfrog)
- Lead and manage efforts to develop industry leading strategies to measure quality and safety, evaluate current performance against appropriate benchmarks, track trends and develop strategies to evaluate the results of improvement work.
- Develop and maintain ongoing dashboards to measure performance on hospital quality measures. Work with BI Team to automate/standardize as required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in healthcare related field (e.g., IT, engineering, business administration, etc). Master’s degree preferred.
5 years of experience required (7 years preferred) working in hospital quality, healthcare information management, healthcare analytics, or other relevant healthcare field.
3 years of experience required (5 years preferred) supervising financial/ health care/educational/clinical data management with experience in program management, regulatory environments, data transformation, developing data analysis, systems design and reporting to technical and non-technical audiences
Experience managing teams and driving major cross-functional projects & teams
Requires demonstrated experience in project management or management as acquired during 3 years of progressive experience.
Experience with Business intelligence development tools such as Tableau and Qlik and/or programming tools such as R, Python, and SQL.
Requires demonstrated experience in project management or management and experience working with external vendors.