Our client, a Fortune 500 Financial Services Company is seeking a Manager of Planning and Analysis for their Individual Life Insurance business. This role has accountability for both GAAP and Statutory Financial Statements for our client. The position is part of the team responsible for accounting policy, management reporting of forecasted (for Individual Life Insurance’s Closed Block) and actual results, as well as quarterly/annual SEC filings, Statutory, and Federal Reporting.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop a deep understanding of GAAP and Statutory insurance accounting policies and principles.
- Be responsible for the provision of timely, accurate and reliable financial management information and the running and enhancement of reporting systems which facilitate the production of this management information, especially for Closed Block financial reporting and analysis.
- Interact and partner with counterparts such as the Actuarial department, Corporate Accounting Policy, Treasurers, Asset and Liability Management, Corporate SEC Reporting, the GAAP and Statutory Consolidation Reporting groups, Legal, Tax, Operations, Risk Management, Internal Audit, and Public Accountants, such as PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Become a subject area expert in one or more specific skill sets, business areas or products.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Life’s Closed Block Business standalone financials, notes to financials and support for external disclosures in 10-Q and 10K.
- Analysis of on-going financial results and prepare quarterly and annual GAAP/STAT analysis including forecast vs actuals analysis for the Life’s Closed Block Business.
- Report and analysis of actual and forecast monthly and quarterly cash, economic reserve and required capital for seven Life Captive entities.
- Preparation of summarized financial statement for seven Life Captives entities.
- Working closely with external auditors to complete the annual STAT audited statements, preparation and analysis of management discussion and footnote disclosures.
- Reporting and forecasting of various covenants requirements.