Job Title: Account Manager
Account Manager Job Summary:
The Key Account Specialist will provide surgical instrument support and general customer service for Ortho/OEM customers and internal employees as necessary. As part of the customer service department, this role also conducts customer support activities such as order & data entry, inventory availability & research, customer problem resolution, preparing customer open order reports, tracking & follow up on customer orders. This position will work with the ASMs (area sales managers) closely to focus on serving our Ortho/OEM business.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to reliably commute m-f to site in Schaumburg, IL
- Must have at least High school diploma or GED equivalent (Bachelors Degree preferred)
- Must have at least 3 years of customer facing experience (experience with medical devices preferred)
- Detail – demonstrates attention to detail and follow instructions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations and uses reasoning skills when dealing with differences of opinion.
- Communication – Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; able to read, write and interpret written information.
- Reasoning Ability – Must be able to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to identify dimensional problems and/or set-up problems and seek assistance when needed.
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Competencies– Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer Skills – Must have knowledge of ERP systems (Epicor preferred) and MS Office with at least intermediate MS Excel skills.