Senior DevOps CI/CD Engineer
The Senior DevOps CI/CD Engineer will manage how the company builds, deploys, verifies, and monitors applications and services. This person will interface with stakeholders across development teams to facilitate and help them adopt DevOps best practices and standards and enable those teams build and deploy software in an efficient and secure way. This role will lead ongoing technical improvements in several strategic areas of CI/CD practice including but not limited to automation, infrastructure, plugins, development pipeline, environment provisioning, tools, and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administer, customize and enhance the functionality of the Jenkins ecosystem to build and deploy pipelines.
- Review and analyze development processes, system specifications, security requirements to ensure the pipeline supports them.
- Develop CI/CD pipeline test plan, execute test scripts.
- Implement security requirements as per requirements to enable risk compliant development workflow.
- Develop build and deploy scripts using tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Collaborate with other teams to influence and ensure CI/CD best practices and solutions are being followed.
- Develop and enhance monitoring tools to continuously improve stability, scalability, performance and availability of Jenkins infrastructure.
- Lead incident triage and resolution process in a timely manner.
- Lead/Co-lead internal process improvement initiatives and provide feedback.
- Evaluates industry trends, standards, and modern technologies to recommend change.
- Mentor and supervise junior staff in executing daily as well as strategic tasks.
- Ensure all work products meet/exceed FINRA standards.
- Build, and Disaster Recovery (DR), and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing, auditing, and reporting.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years’ experience.
- At least 2 years of experience administering Jenkins for large-scale CI/CD workflow.
- At least 2 years of experience working with one or more Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, or CloudFormation.
- Knowledgeable of common scripting languages such as Bash, Shell, Python, Perl, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience building or administering software in AWS.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced developing software using language such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go.
- Familiar with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Containerd.
- Prior experience working as a Gitlab administrator is highly desirable.