Analysis and Disposition
• Develop criteria for analysis, prioritization and categorization of apps
• Define number of targeted apps needed in order to start Phase 2 Migration
• Conduct desktop application portfolio assessment based on categorization, application use, and business impact
• Identify targeted applications to retain, replace, retire and consolidate; categorize based on size, impact and ROI
• Identify contractual impacts, dependencies, and determine target resolution
• Gain business and ISD approval and sign off on disposition and recommended platform
• Establish governance, standards and policies to prevent future application bloat
• Review and incorporate prioritized list of approved applications and dependencies into migration plans
• Gain business and ISD approval and sign off on plans
• Organizational change management; Execute communication and training plans
• Rationalize the list of approved applications based on priority; migrate and/or retire the applications
• Assess, monitor and mitigate business impacts
• Finalize and complete contractual obligations and financial agreements
• Analyze desktop application portfolio, applying application rationalization.
• Recommend, develop, and maintain complete and accurate documentation.
• Develop metrics and reporting; performs data analytics and trend analysis to measure performance and identify improvement opportunities.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, and simulation.
• Ensure compliance with Information Security and ISD standards and best practices.
• Perform analysis of applications and enhancements for process improvement or re-engineering.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders, and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• 5 years’ experience with MECM/SCCM management technologies
• 5 years’ experience with data analytics, MS Excel pivot tables and formulas, and other related tools and reporting.
• 5 years’ experience in analyzing IT software, reporting findings, and formulating recommendations for application rationalization.
• Strong experience with PowerShell, SQL, and Power BI.
• Strong experience with desktop software management and governing principles.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to hit the ground running.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Advanced organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and execute.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to present findings, conclusions, and other information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to apply professional-level functional knowledge to identify and solve moderately complex problems.
• Strong documentation skills to write technical and end-user procedures.
• Experience developing action plans and presenting recommendations to management.
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy to exchange information and address sensitive issues.
• Experience with MECM/SCCM management technologies
• Strong experience with data analytics, MS Excel pivot tables and formulas, and other related tools
• Strong experience in analyzing IT software, reporting findings, and formulating recommendations for application rationalization.
• Strong experience with PowerShell, SQL, and PowerBI
• Self-Starter with a positive attitude and willingness to hit the ground running.