Customer Care Specialist is responsible for handling customer service and support calls as well as data entry (Spreadsheet updates, Support cases). Has to know the USAT products well enough to resolve customer issues or to know when to escalate the call to the next level responder. Person must be a team player who is able to multi-task, work in fast paced environment and interact well with customers, consumers and fellow employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer customer service phone calls and emails and be able to discern the problem and either resolve the issue or escalate call to the next level.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Refer unresolved customer issues to designated departments for further investigation.
- Enter new customers in multiple software systems using submitted account paperwork.
- Enter consumer refunds in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Enter and track customer hardware service requests (RMA’s).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent
- Four years’ experience in customer service
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and fill out employment forms.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of all current Microsoft Office applications.
- Oracle Financials experience a plus, and the ability to learn new software applications will be key.