Application Support Engineer – Admin/Security
Location: Pensacola, Virginia - Remote
Category: Technical Support and Services
Employment Type: Contract
Job ID: 15420
Date Added: 05/03/2023
- Must have working knowledge of engineering discipline.
- Must have advanced communication and presentation software skills.
- Must have advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills.
- Must have effective organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Must have effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions.
- Must have effective skill guiding and training less experienced staff.
- Must have effective collaboration skills with other distributed support groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
This position will be part of our clients Admin/Security System Support team responsible for the systems used by the various business teams with the following responsibilities:
- Full life-cycle project management
- Risk, Issue and Change management.
- Scope of responsibility – work to understand and maintain assigned applications. Enhance the service by increased monitoring to ensure best performance for our business partners.
- Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of new and existing systems.
- Document new system components or modifications to existing components.
- Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions by adhering to Navy Federal, industry engineering, and Information Security compliance standards and practices.
- Perform and communicate engineering tasks and assignments in support of business.
- Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems.
- Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions.
- Translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of internal customers.
- Lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions by collaborating with multiple other teams.
- Experience with server-based application support and maintenance requirements, (Physical and Virtual server environments) such as vulnerability patching, access control, major/minor version upgrades and controlled change window cycles.
- Experience with Security or Infrastructure control applications such as AMAG, Trane Tracer, ALC WebCrtl, Entre.
- Experience with SQL, Toad, Splunk, and Alert/Event monitoring a plus.
- Prod Support primary skills and Windows and AIX server platforms are a plus, ability to read and understand event/application logs to diagnose and further troubleshooting efforts.
- This role is 100% remote.
#LI-AC1 #LI-Remote #Dice #Remote