Analyst – Security & Risk Management
Location: VIENNA, Virginia - Remote
Employment Type: Contract
Job ID: 15455
Date Added: 05/16/2023
• Attend meetings with stakeholders within security, IT and across the credit union to assess and encourage the need for submitting issues impacting information security.
• Aid in the development of remediation plans.
• Facilitate root cause analysis
• Assess the impact and likelihood of an issue and provide justification for the ratings
• Leverage various communication channels to obtain required information.
• Work within the Logic Manager (GRC) platform
• Support metrics and reporting focused on issues and event processes.
• Aid business partners in understanding the importance of issue management.
• Keep current with Information Security best practices and industry trends, and communicate/apply these practices to policy improvements and compliance actions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Experience in the credit union/financial services industry with a focus on regulatory frameworks, information security assessments, and remediation activities
• Experience managing issues from identification to remediation
• IT Audit or first line IT or security risk experience a plus
• Desired knowledge of NCUA, FFIEC, BSA/AML, NIST (including the Cyber Security Framework and 800 Series)
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including technical writing
• Desired Bachelor Degree in business, information systems or related field or equivalent work/military experience
• Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, and third parties
• Ability to build effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
• Strong word processing and spreadsheet software skills